Four simple grilling recipes that will blow the shingles off your Independence Day cravings!
- Grill some hot dogs, the large kind…split down the middle
- Shred and grill some onions and purple cabbage until tender and caramelized
- Spread some softened cream cheese in the hot dog buns
- Place dogs into buns and garnish with a generous amount of the grilled onions and cabbage
Sound a little weird? Try it…Seattle Dogs are pretty dog-gone good.
- Mix 2-parts ground beef with 1-part finely chopped zucchini and a little bit of parmesan cheese
- Add just a few dashes of Dale’s Steak Seasoning
- Form meat mixture into burgers or sliders
- Grill the burgers
- Before removing from grill, top each burger with some provolone cheese
- Serve in buns
- Choice of condiments should include tomato sauce
After trying this recipe, you’ll shout it from the rooftops.
Bacon Bread Sticks
- Get some Italian style breadsticks, the big kind
- Drip a little hot sauce down the length of each breadstick
- Wrap each stick with a strip or two of thin bacon
- Bake in the oven at 400。until bacon is almost crisp, or try grilling them.
- Remove from oven/grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Who doesn’t love bacon? This quick, spicy snack is out of this world.
- Cut up a few potatoes into small cubes
- Cut up onions
- Cut up green peppers
- Cut up one small jalapeno pepper (seeds removed!)
- Season with Lowry’s Seasoning or Cajun seasoning
- Mix up everything, adding a bit of olive oil
- Wrap up the mixture in thick tin foil
- Place the wrapped Hobo Tators on the grill and allow to cook until potatoes are nice and soft.
You don’t have to be rich to eat like an Irish gentleman.