Gutters Do More than Keep Heads Dry
Pitfalls of a Faulty Gutter System
- Water settling along a foundation leads to moisture intrusion in basements and crawl spaces which can cultivate mold and algae. This not only causes a rank odor, but it’s bad for anyone with allergies and can be dangerous!
- Water damage and rotting of wood fascia – the boards that run along the lower edge of the roof.
- Unsightly, misaligned or hanging gutters which can also damage the soffits beneath roof overhangs.
- Rainwater which is not directed away from a structure can find its way behind siding and walls, resulting in swells and warping.
- Improperly functioning gutters can dump water onto outdoor common areas.
- Clogging of gutters that are not angled properly causes back-up and spillovers that can damage interior areas.
- Missing or leaky gutters can lead to landscaping damage around a home and eroded “trenches” that hold water and breed mosquitoes.
Help Property Owners Prevent Loss Due to Poor Gutter Systems
Types Of Roof Gutters
- LeafGuard Gutters
- Seamless Gutters (aluminum, copper, painted steel, or zinc).
Leaf Guards and Filters
In 1992, Englert – the 50+ year old manufacturer of metal roofing and gutter systems – developed the only patented, one-piece, seamless leaf-shedding gutter system. The following year, Englert put their innovation on the market…and the rest is history. The LeafGuard® gutter system revolutionized the industry. Seems like a no-brainer, right? Who wouldn’t want a gutter system that could prevent leaves (and errant baseballs) from necessitating a trip up a dangerous ladder in order to remove such obstacles? Other manufacturers soon followed suit, and now many types of leaf filters and “gutter tops” are available that fit standard gutters.
Hi-Tech Roofing Pros Give Property Owners the Fastest, Most Accurate Estimates for Gutter Work
- Present virtual blueprints of a roof or gutter project
- Get accurate, line-item estimates with your pricing
- Avoid overlooking needed parts
- Pick out your customer’s preferred roof materials and colors from the iRoofing app’s digital catalog of leading manufacturers
- See roofing materials perfectly superimposed on an image of your client’s home with the app’s Roof Visualizer
- Sign a contract, digitally, on the spot
- Have your materials ordered right away so a project can start without delay
Use iRoofing - Be a Hi-Tech Contractor!
Roof Oils? What’s That All About?
Leaves and debris aren’t the only things that can compromise a gutter system. If you have a client who has asphalt shingles, as most property owners do, they’re made with petrochemical oils that help the material withstand hot and cold temperatures. Roof oils gradually seep down from the shingles which can cause leaf guards to become clogged. Innovative gutter engineering by MasterShield® offers a solution to this problem in the form of a patented, self-cleaning micro-mesh filtration on a gutter guard. This advanced gutter technology utilizes the same principle as a tent. Tent material keeps water from dripping inside, but if you touch the tent from the inside, a bit of water is released. MasterSheild® uses this same concept to release oil build-up that could otherwise fill the tiny holes of a gutter guard.
Helping property owners with gutter installation, replacement, and repairs is a big “plus” when it comes to getting your foot in the door. Properly laid and precisely angled gutters can really extend the life of a new roof you’ve installed, as well. Consider offering gutter services if you don’t do so already. It can help you market your brand and help ensure long-term customer satisfaction with new roof installations you’ve performed. A long-lasting roof depends on high-functioning roof drainage, so get onboard with gutters!